Welcome to the Newsroom for the Coalition of Women's Initiatives in Law.
- McDonnell Boehnen's Responses to Coalition Questions Re Women's Initiatives
- Coalition President Kelly Turner was extensively quoted in a recent article in The Glass Hammer, “Women’s Initiatives: Driving Business for Law Firms.”
- Several attorneys recognized as “40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty To Watch” over the past ten years sit on the Board of Directors of the Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law. As we continue to make progress in increasing the number of women climbing to the upper law firm ranks, these women recognize the need to encourage and help other women to excel in the profession. Looking back on their legal careers to date, these women, who come from a wide range of firms and practice areas, offered the following advice to our magazine. Click here for a copy of the article.
The Coalition’s In-House Counsel Committee put on its first program for all Coalition members on July 12, 2012, “Demonstrating the Value of Legal Departments and In-House Lawyers,” with panelists Cathy Landman (The Pampered Chef), Audrey Rubin (Aon) and Sarah Weil (Abbott) discussing and giving advice on how in-house counsel can work with internal business clients as well as outside counsel. Click here to few the article in the Law Bulletin.
- Four attorneys from law firm members of the Coalition were recognized as "100 Women to Watch" in the July edition of Today's Chicago Women. They are Terri Mascherin and E. Lynn Grayson of Jenner & Block; Sonya Rosenberg of Neal Gerber & Eisenberg; and Margo Wolf O'Donnell of Vedder Price. Lynn Grayson was one of the founding members of the Coalition, and Margo is currently a member of the Coalition's Executive Committee.
- Margo Wolf O'Donnell also was recently honored by Chicago Lawyer as one of 15 "Women Making an Impact" on the legal profession. Click here for a copy of the article.